How can I be charged with receiving stolen property when I didn't know that the item was stolen when I bought? 5 Answers as of September 08, 2014

Receiving stolen property.

You can be charged but lack of knowledge that it was stolen is your defense to the charge. Get a good lawyer.
Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
Knew, had reason to have known or believed to be stolen property then you can be arrested. The key element is knowledge. It all depends on all the facts and where you fit in and what you knew or believed.
They have to prove that either you knew the property was stolen or you should have known it was stolen. That is determined by the particular facts of each case. Keep in mind that anyone can be charged with anything. It is one thing to be charged, but it is another matter entirely to have your guilt proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Make sure you have an experienced criminal defense lawyer on your side to fight this.
It is quite possible if you paid too little for it and therefore are assumed to know it was stolen.
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman
Law Offices of Ezra N. Goldman | Ezra Goldman
Because the police only need probably cause. If you are not guilty, take your case to trial.