How can I avoid being deported if I got a MIP charge? 2 Answers as of June 14, 2011

I am 18 years of age, and have been in the United States illegally since I can remember. I recently got a citation for possession of alcohol under the age of 21 and I am to be appointed a court date in the near future. This of course worries me because I know that my risk of being deported is higher. What are my chances of being deported in this situation, and what can I do to avoid my legal status from being discovered?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
A municipal court is not likely to inquire as to your immigration status. Speak with a defense attorney in your state to see if you can resolve your case quickly with a plea or have the charge downgraded.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 6/14/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
There is nothing you can do. Immigration will find you if they want to. Remember, never never never try to play games with law. However, you may be able to receive a relief, which depends on your circumstances. You should have a consultation a lawyer to analyze your specific facts. Of course you are welcome to contact us for assistance. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: