How can I ask for special immigration family visa? 2 Answers as of January 26, 2011

How can I ask for a special Visa for my family? I have green card since 17-Oct-2007. I got married in April 2009, applied for I-130 on Sep18 2009, on Jan 27 2010 got approved, on Jun 2010 got a letter to pay $70 fee then to pay $400 fee, then filling the affidavit of support then the Ds-230, then on Aug-5-2010 they returned my application back to USCIS for reviewing, then on Dec-2010 I asked the USCIS to add our 4 months old baby to her mom case, and I asked them to speed the time for the reviewing and they sent me an email said I have to wait up to 6 more months? I been working for the US army since 2003 till 2009 as an Iraqi contractor and my family been target because of my work, I have a lot of recommendations proofing that, now how can I ask for bring them through special Visa? I am in Iraq now living with them can't leave them alone, have been here since 5 months ago. I have only 17 months in USA since my green card issued it, I never been out of USA more than 6 months.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
We would be happy to consult with you on options for your family including the special immigrant visa for Iraqi translators. Contact me as indicated below and we will properly advise you of the fees and procedures.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/26/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
It sounds like they are going through back ground check on you. 6 months might not be a good reason for them to get a V-visa.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: