How can I apply for guardianship if I have my green card? 1 Answers as of August 11, 2011

I am currently a green card holder. My niece just came here attending high school on F1 visa, and she is currently living with us. I wonder whether I can apply to be her legal guardian. Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
If she is under 16, say at least four months under, then your husband, who I assume is a US citizen and you could adopt her and get citizenship for her by applying for a green card for her. If she gets the card before she turns 18, then, because your husband is a citizen, then she would automatically be a citizen. If she is already 16, please ignore this response. It's always smart to get a second opinion.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: