How can I appeal the status of my financial aid? Posted on July 29, 2011

I am a 22 yr old student. The stress and hardship that my school has caused on me, has created health issues and further financial stress. I was awarded summer aid, and on the last week of classes was informed that their office made a mistake and did not mean to award me that money, so they took it and sent me a bill. I do not have the money, and after receiving written doc of my aid and refund, I was counting on it to cover school materials. Now, I am forced to come up with money I do not have. On top of that, I need to be considered an independent student, but I cant get there because of legal issues. What steps can I take to appeal that status?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: