How can I appeal a PFA judgment on my own in Pennsylvania? 2 Answers as of January 27, 2011

I need to file an appeal on a PFA judgment handed down on me. My lawyer isnt really helping too much and 20 days have passed. How would I do this on my own?

I decided to go with a different lawyer after the decision was entered into court during my trial. I met with this new lawyer over a week ago and he hasn't done anything yet in regards to appealing. the original trial was Jan 5, so 20 days have passed. I am pretty sure I only have 30 days so I am getting pretty nervous and want to see if I can file the appeal myself. I reside in Perry County Pa.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Connelly Firm P.C.
The Connelly Firm P.C. | Thomas Connelly
File a Notice of Appeal with the trial court, attaching a copy of the Final Protection Order.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 1/27/2011
LT Pepper Law
LT Pepper Law | Luke T. Pepper
You will get an opportunity at the hearing after 30 days to argue your case as to why the PFA should not be upheld. A lawyer in this matter should review the PFA and then prepare argument as to why it should be revoked or not extended.
Answer Applies to: Pennsylvania
Replied: 1/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: