How can I add to a custody and visitation application before our first hearing? 5 Answers as of June 21, 2011

In California, what do I need to do to "add" to the terms of my already filed custody/visitation application and OSC prior to our first hearing? Do I need to re-serve the Respondent with the amended forms? Thanks in advance.

Since you didn't reveal what you asked in your initial custody and visitation application in your question, and you didn't reveal any new facts or requests in your question, I am unable to respond other than recommending that you set an appointment to consult with an experienced Family Law Attorney concerning the specific facts involved in your case.
Law Office of Patricia Van Haren
Law Office of Patricia Van Haren | Patricia Van Haren
You would need to refile and reserve amended forms and provide the required notice in order to add to your OSC. You may wish to retain a family law attorney to assist you in your case.
You can file and amended OSC but most courts will not allow you to do it. You need to have proper notice and by the time you try to amend the OSC you wont have enough time to server the other side. Speak with the clerk at the court to see what options you have.
The English Law Firm
The English Law Firm | Robert English
You can amend your OSC request and application. You will need to serve the new forms. The amendment may allow the other side to continue the hearing in order to respond to the amendment.
You cannot "add" that to an already scheduled hearing on other matters. You need to file your own motion. If you are in my area and are looking for an attorney, please contact me for a free consultation.