How can I access to tax records for a dissolved company? Posted on February 07, 2011

I am involved in litigation where it would be helpful to obtain tax records for two dissolved companies, one dissolved via bankruptcy, the other by a simple dissolution filing. The former corporate officer will not sign a 8821. The Judge won't force him to do so unless I can show the officer has authority. IRC 6103 does not spell that out clearly enough. The IRS says I cannot get the info through a FOIA request. Any suggestions.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: