How can I access evidence used in a past case that may be questionable? 1 Answers as of April 07, 2011

My sister has been in prison for two years for drug distribution and she says that the tape they have of her says that she was unable to get the drugs for the undercover. I would like to listen to the tape and make an appeal. While she was in prison she got in a fight and had additional time put on her sentence. If she was innocent in the first place she would of never been in the situation to receive the other charge. What do you think my options are?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC | Lacy Fields
Your time for a typical appeal has likely expired. However, you may be able to allege an "Actual Innocence" Habeas Corpus case. Your sister should talk to her former attorney and to the public defender's office about that.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 4/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: