How can a house wife file for divorce and sole custody? 2 Answers as of August 01, 2017

Many marriages have problems, I understand that. But my marriage is beyond burned out. First of all, I'm a stay at home mother with a beautiful 6 month old and I just recently found out I was pregnant again. The reason I do not have a job is because we have no one that we trust up here to watch our baby girl. I live in a small town so there's only one daycare which the price is ridiculous. I watch my daughter day in and day out. Even on the weekends when my husband is off work and has free time. Watching my daughter does not drain me nor aggravate me. It bugs me that her father barely interacts with her. More importantly, the verbal abuse I take from him daily. That's not the reason why I'm upset. It's when he does it when our child is sound asleep. He gets mad and starts yelling. I always ask him in a calm voice if he can lower his voice because our daughter is sleeping and he always responds that he doesn't care. She always wakes up crying when he does that. If you don't believe me I have proof of him admitting it on video. When I was pregnant with my daughter, he would always drive drunk you probably ask "why would you get in the car with him?". That's because he would yell and scream at me to. Also, he got mad at me one night when I was pregnant and pushed me down on the bed. He does not help with our baby, out of her whole 6 months he probably changed 3 diapers, fed her 3 bottles and gave her 0 baths. He doesn't hold her much because he says every time he picks her up or holds her his chest starts hurting which is funny because it doesn't hurt when he lights up a joint or plays his video game for hours. In conclusion, I want to get sole custody. I'm 20 and I would like to move to another state with my daughter and live with my mother to get a decent job, go back to school and head to college to become something for my daughter. My record is clean, his is not. He's been to prison before for 6 years in and out.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
You apparently have a contested dissolution. In my county, the usual price to hire an attorney is 3500 bucks for a contested matter. I assume that you will have to pay at least this amount, and perhaps more, depending upon where you live. If you want to get a divorce, you will have to pay for an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 8/1/2017
Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
Too many variables to attempt to answer here. Recommend you see an attorney or Legal Aid Office immediately.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/31/2017
Click to View More Answers: