How can he enter the U.S. in the quickest manner possible? 9 Answers as of January 17, 2011

I am a U.S. citizen. My fiancee is an Egyptian citizen. I am currently in Cairo now visiting him and his family. We have decided that we would like to go to the U.S. and get married there and for him to visit my family. What is the quickest way for him to enter the U.S.?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
You would need to a file a petition for him, and once after the petition is approved go through the consular processing.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/17/2011
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Quickest would be as a visitor but if it is known that he is coming to visit a fiance and her family (and this will have to be disclosed on the application form) then such a visa is most unlikely to be granted. There may be other nonimmigrant options that he would qualify for especially if he has a BS or higher and can obtain a job offer; has a business that could open a branch in the U.S., and other options; but I would need to speak with you and/or him to determine this

Realistically best options are K-1 (fiance); you must then get married within 90 days after he enters the U.S. and then file the paperwork for him to become a permanent resident OR get married while you are there and have him come as an immigrant he will be a permanent resident when he arrives. Both processes take about 7-12 months currently. The second option is a little more cost effective.

I would be happy to assist with your case. We do charge for consultations $350 per hour but whatever you pay for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained for further work on your behalf after the consultation. My contact information follows.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/4/2011
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
If he does not have a tourist visa then a fiance visa is his next best thing. He just has to be aware of the requirements and limitations.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/4/2011
The Vega Law Firm
The Vega Law Firm | Linda Vega
As a U.S. Citizen engaged to a Non-U.S. Citizen you may apply for a Fiance(e) Visa or a K Visa. Once approved, your fiancee may enter the U.S. and will have 90 days to marry you and adjust to a Legal Permanent Resident.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 1/4/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
Congratulations on your engagement. If his intent is only to visit the US, he can use the B-2 visitor visa. He then needs to leave the US and can consular process for the green card, which takes about 9 months. Then he will enter the US again as a green card holder.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/4/2011
    Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
    Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
    Your fiance could apply for a visitor visa, but it is unlikely it would be granted under the circumstances you describe since his intention to do get married. If he does apply for a visitor's visa he must not make any misrepresentations as to the purpose of his visit.

    The proper method is for you to petition him for a Fiance (K1) visa. This is done by filing a fiance petition. While the process can take 4 to 9 months, it is the correct and safest way to bring him to the U.S. so that you can get married and he can obtain a Green Card. Hiring an experienced and qualified immigrant attorney is the best option since if done incorrectly the process can take over a year.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 1/4/2011
    Law Office of Baoqin Wang
    Law Office of Baoqin Wang | Baoqin Wang
    It seems you need to file for fiance visa for her. It will take several months before she can came in. With the help of a qualified attorney, the process will be smooth and your waiting time could be shorter.
    Answer Applies to: Oregon
    Replied: 1/4/2011
    Calderón Seguin PLC
    Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
    If you are not yet married, you must file a fiancee petition for him. It will take a few months, at least. Then - he will be able to come to the U.S. but you must be married within 90 days of his entry and then immediately file his application for citizenship. Alternatively, he could apply for a tourist visa but frankly if you turn around and get married in the U.S. right away and then apply for permanent residence, there may be some question about his original intent and whether there is fraud involved. I recommend the fiancee petition to be safe.
    Answer Applies to: Virginia
    Replied: 1/4/2011
    JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
    JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
    The quickest way would be a fiancee visa (K1 Visa). It takes roughly 6 months to complete and receive the visa.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 1/4/2011
Click to View More Answers: