How can foreign born parents of a U.S. citizen child apply to live in the U.S.? 4 Answers as of June 08, 2011

My husband and I have a child who was born in the U.S. We reside in the Bahamas now and want to move to the U.S. to live. How do we do that seeing as our child is a U.S. citizen?

Assuming that your child is 21 years of age, he will need to sponsor you both with 2 I-130 visa petition, one for each parent. All he has to do is go to the USCIS website, and click on forms and download the I-130 and go from there. The form is pretty self-explanatory as far as the required information and documentation. He should also download the G-325A. Good luck!
Your child can sponsor you once he or she is 21 years of age. There is no sponsorship prior. You would need to find a nonimmigrant visa that applies to you for your own way to live in the US. Please see the articles at my website for possible visa categories.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
If your child is 21 years old they can petition for you. You will need an attorney, so speak to one directly.
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
If your US-citizen child is over 21 years old, he can petition for you to be permanent residents.