How can the family of someone who was deported get child custody rights? 1 Answers as of March 24, 2011

The mother was deported the father got custody of a 3 yr old boy, what can the family of the mother do if he wont let them see the boy?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Edward A. Kroll, Attorney at Law
Edward A. Kroll, Attorney at Law | Edward A. Kroll
Unless a member of the mother's family established a parent-child relationship with the child, then there is not much they can do. To establish such a relationship, the family member would basically have had to be the child's acting parent for about 6 months. Just seeing the child and taking care of him every now and then won't suffice - the contact has to be ongoing and in-depth. If that relationship does not exist legally, then I'm afraid there is nothing really to be done.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 3/24/2011
Click to View More Answers: