How can a convicted felon get their right to possess a firearm restored? 1 Answers as of July 22, 2011

Back in Sept 1990 (Palm Beach County), I plead guilty to 1 felony count (2nd degree/grand theft). White collar/non-violent offense. I was ordered to pay full restitution and was given 3 years probation, which I fully completed. In Sept 2003, I received a letter from the Office of Executive Clemency, restoring all my civil rights, with the exclusion of possessing a fire arm. This is the only blemish on my record, and there have been no other incidents. How can I get my right to bear arms restored? How long does the process take? and lastly, will hiring an attorney expedite this process, and why? Thanks for considering my questions.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pontrello Law
Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
Apply to the office of executive clemency for the remainder of your rights to be restored. It will take 2 or 3 attempts before you will have success. About a year process. Hiring a lawyer is the fastest way.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: