How can a convicted felon get their right to possess a firearm restored? 1 Answers as of July 22, 2011

Back in Sept 1990 (Palm Beach County), I plead guilty to 1 felony count (2nd degree/grand theft). White collar/non-violent offense. I was ordered to pay full restitution and was given 3 years probation, which I fully completed. In Sept 2003, I received a letter from the Office of Executive Clemency, restoring all my civil rights, with the exclusion of possessing a fire arm. This is the only blemish on my record, and there have been no other incidents. How can I get my right to bear arms restored? How long does the process take? and lastly, will hiring an attorney expedite this process, and why? Thanks for considering my questions.

Pontrello Law
Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
Apply to the office of executive clemency for the remainder of your rights to be restored. It will take 2 or 3 attempts before you will have success. About a year process. Hiring a lawyer is the fastest way.