How can arrears be repaid? Posted on July 14, 2011

My boyfriend made a verbal agreement with his ex-wife to lower their child support agreement because of a drop in his income. She is now taking him to court for more support and arrears. Assuming their verbal agreement is meaningless, how can the arrears be paid? Will he be able to pay the arrears over time by adding a specified amount to his regular child support payments? He can afford to add only $100/month to his regular child support payments.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: