How can apply for an affidavit of support if I am unemployed? 2 Answers as of April 18, 2011

My 2 sons petition is already approved, I need to send an affidavit of support but the problem is, I am collecting unemployment benefits. Is there any problem about this? How can I submit affidavit of support?

Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
If you have earned 40 quarters with Social Security before they turned 18, then you do not need to fle I-864, only I-864W with copy of your Social Security Statement. Good luck.
If your unemployment benefits currently total approximately 125% of the official Federal Poverty Guidelines for a family of your size or your earnings for the previous year as reflected on your federal tax return for the prior year roughly totaled this amount, that should be sufficient for the purposes of this affidavit.