How can an unemployed person file an Affidavit Support for his spouse? 3 Answers as of May 19, 2011

I am an unemployed who filed an immigration petition for my wife. So how can I file an Affidavit Support? My parents are here and they are ready for my help but before 1 year they filed an Affidavit Support for me.

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
You have to file and obtain a co-sponsor.
You must file an I-864 AOS! This is because you are the petitioner and as such, it is required of you, unemployed or not. Now, you will also need to get another person with enough income to support himself and his family + your wife to file another I-864 AOS for your wife. This is called a joint-sponsor. The amount of income that person will need to have can be looked-up on form I-864P for 2011. Go to www.uscis.gov and you will find the necessary forms. As the petitioner you are the primary guarantor that your immigrant wife will not become a public charge in the US. Good luck!
I will first of all have to ask if you are a U.S. citizen, for that will have a great deal to do with your ability to get sponsorship to succeed for your wife. However, if you are, you can file for her now, and you can also use your parents if they are citizens or legal residents. I need to know more. If you wish, please feel free to contact me by e-mail or phone, to set up a consultation, either in person or by phone.