How can an illegal immigrant under 18 get his citizenship? 5 Answers as of July 28, 2011

What can a 17 yr old boy do who came from Canada with his mother when he was 2. As far as I can understand, he does not have a green card, and his mother is planning on leaving him in the usa to finish out school. While she goes back to Canada?

Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
If he entered legally, he will be able to adjust status if he marries a U.S. citizen. Otherwise, if he entered illegally, it does not matter that he is from Canada. He will have to wait for the law to change.
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
Unfortunately, children brought here are currently under the same law as everyone else. This is why there is urgent need of the dream act. I would suggest calling your Senator and representative and urge passage of this act. Vote in November for legislator support humane immigration reform.
There is no difference in his case than any other. He needs a basis for a green card; for him it will have to be family-based as he is too young to have the education and work experience for an employment-based case.
We need more information to answer this question . You may want to consult with an immigration attorney
If he departs before turning 18, then he won't incur unlawful presence in the U.S.