How bad is a drinking in public misdemeanor? 9 Answers as of October 29, 2010

How much is it going to be?

Misdemeanors carry up to 6-12 months in jail [max] upon conviction. Typically a first offence and clean rap sheet can result in a modest fine and probation if handled correctly by your attorney. If serious about hiring counsel, feel free to contact me.
It depends on the circumstances. You can call me at the number below to discuss in more detail so I could give a better assessment of your case. Free consultation.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
It is not considered a serious crime, however it is still punishable by 6 months jail and $1000. And it goes on your criminal record just like any other crime. We can usually avoid a conviction on a first offense. Call my office if you want to retain counsel or have questions.
Donrad Law Offices
Donrad Law Offices | Sean Donrad
Not bad.
The Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann
The Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann | Christopher J. McCann
Possessing an Open Container in public is only an infraction that subjects you to a couple hundred dollars in fines at the most. Public Intoxication however can be a misdemeanor that can subject you to jail, fine and probation, though it is highly unusual to get jail time in such a case.
    You will most likely be charged with a 647(f). The good news is that many times you can work out a deal with the DA to get a dismissal in these cases. You should speak to an attorney in your area.
    Alanna D. Coopersmith, Attorney at Law
    Alanna D. Coopersmith, Attorney at Law | Alanna D. Coopersmith
    Very minor. But: they are also VERY winnable. If you have a clean criminal record, and want to keep it that way, fight it!
    A PC 647(f) charge can often be reduced to an infraction by an attorney. You should explore the possibility of fighting it as opposed to just pleading guilty to a misdemeanor, which is a criminal record.
    Law Offices of Juan Dotson
    Law Offices of Juan Dotson | Juan Dotson
    Drinking in public is a low-level misdemeanor. So low, that your attorney may be able to convince the city attorney (or district attorney) not to file a criminal case if your case is presented promptly and properly. Call an attorney and make an appointment today. If you have priors for the same offense, you will have a difficult time preventing another criminal filing.