How an unemployed green card holder file an Affidavit of Support for his wife? 2 Answers as of May 19, 2011

I am an unemployed Greencard holder who filed an immigration petition to my parents and relatives are ready for help. They are American citizens.But 1year ago my parents have already filed a Affidavit support for my visa.please help me.. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
You are required as a petitioner to file an affidavit of support, but the spouse of a residence currently has a several year backlog, so hopefully by the time it is current you will be employed. I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect. Please call me. We offer payment plans with no interest.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/19/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Your parents can file an I-864 AOS for your wife as well so long as they can show enough money on their returns to support your wife too. Any US or LPR relative or friend can help as well if their tax return will show a high enough income. What they have to do is calculate the number of people they are already supporting, then add your wife to the total and look up on Form I-864P what the US Government says is the right amount of income for that size family. Please go to to get the I-864P. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: