How is adjustment of status as an arriving alien filed? 6 Answers as of November 01, 2013

On July 1, 2009, I was caught crossing into the United States. After detention, I was released from custody into the United States. I am now married to a U.S. Citizen and my case is pending in the ninth circuit. I was reading on the internet that I may qualify as an arriving alien? Do I qualify?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
If you were apprehended at the border and paroled into the US as an arriving alien, I suggest before you file any marriage paperwork with CIS, you should speak with your attorney (if you do not have an attorney, hire one right away) There are two separate categories of parolees and whether you are eligible to adjust depends on the particular class of your parole.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 11/1/2013
Mulder Law office, PA
Mulder Law office, PA | Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
It depends on the circumstances of your status. If you have a petition for review pending regarding a deportation order your case is complicated. I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 10/31/2013
Law Offices of N.J. SAEH PC | Noel J. Saleh
Ask your attorney. That is why you are paying & you should not be doing anything without your lawyer knowing.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 10/31/2013
CoverLaw | Jim Cover
Wait til your case is decided.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/31/2013
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
Your case has a lot of history and is at the circuit court, therefore, such question should not be answered without reviewing your whole file. BUT if one qualifies, AOS will be filed with CIS. Please do not act on this advice without consulting with an attorney.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 10/30/2013
    Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
    Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
    The answer depends upon what status, if any, you were granted when released from custody. You need to meet with an experienced immigration attorney and have them review the documentation you were given when released.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 10/30/2013
Click to View More Answers: