Home closing, attorney neglected to include wife's name on title, is he legally responsible for his mistake? 4 Answers as of August 15, 2013

At time of closing, attorney neglected to include my name. Husband of 20 years passed away. Now attorney says I have to buy all his previous kids' share. They were adopted to his parents at young age. Can I sue attorney for negligence?

It is hard to answer your inquiry without additional information. When did the house close? Was it 20 years ago? Why do you need to buy out his children's share? Do you live in a community property state? The statute of limitations has probably run against the prior attorney so suing for negligence is unlikely.
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
It sounds like you have a case for negligence and malpractice. There are questions regarding how much time has passed and whether you knew or should have known about the mistake/fraud. You need to have a revised deed. Write to the attorney and demand that he fix the problem with a proper deed. If he won?t do it, file a lawsuit and call the state bar association.
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
Quite possible. I would consult a legal malpractice attorney on this.
You can try but I doubt you would win, you could have just asked at closing to be added.