Will my fiance get released or held for an additional time? 4 Answers as of March 07, 2012

My fiance has been incarcerated in Gwinnett County, GA for 3.5 months. The charges he faces will be cleared next week, however he has a hold from Illinois. Will GA release him immediately or will he have to wait additional time for Illinois? If so, how long can GA hold him before releasing him?

H. Scott Basham, Attorney at Law, P.C. | H. Scott Basham
Illinois will be allowed a certain amount of time to come get him once Georgia no longer wants to hold him. Off the top of my head I do not know how long, but it is at least 48 hrs.
Healan Law Offices
Healan Law Offices | William D. Healan, III
He will probably have to wait for Illinios. He needs to get a lawyer there to work on the case that is causing the hold.
The Pilgrim Law Firm
The Pilgrim Law Firm | Marc Pilgrim
Georgia will not release him with a hold from another state. The time he will be held is not a hard and fast rule. Most states pick up within 1 week but the time varies.
GA will release him immediately from the GA charges, but he will be held in custody until Illinois comes for him.