hi there, im rossinni from the philippines 6 Answers as of October 02, 2014

I would like to ask about me and my fiancé’s situation. He is a Filipino-American citizen. Since he was 18 years old until 29th he has been working in the States. He went back to the Philippines for school last May 2009. 2010, it’s when we met and started dating and until now we are still together. We graduated last March 2013 and he just went back to LA last Sept. 8, 2014 of course unemployed. He is planning to petition me as fiancé on November, but he doesn’t have any income to show yet because we just graduated, rather let’s say unemployed but applying for jobs now. I’m asking help if he can still be able to petition me and what can we do or options to be approved by the USCIS? Our relationship is genuine because we have been together for 4 years already. Spare us your knowledge please. THANK YOU!

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices
Rivas-Rivera Law Offices | Juan Ramon Rivas-Rivera
He could still petition for you but a co-sponsor will be needed who meets the poverty guidelines. This is necessary in order to demonstrate that you won't become a charge to the U.S. government once you are allowed entry here. You will need help from an experienced attorney on this one to make sure everything is done in accordance to the law.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 10/2/2014
SwagatUSA, LLC
SwagatUSA, LLC | Dhenu Savla
Your fiance can probably still petition you, if you otherwise meet all the requirements, if he can find another joint sponsor who is a citizen or a legal permanent resident, who makes sufficient money, and who is willing to guarantee that you will not be a financial burden on the US government when you arrive in the US.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 9/26/2014
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny
Law Offices of Svetlana Boukhny | Svetlana Boukhny
If he has no income or his income is insufficient, he will need to get a joint sponsor to sign the affidavit of support on your behalf.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/23/2014
Universal Law Group, Inc. | Francis John Cowhig
He can petition you, but will need a joint or co-sponsor who meets the meets the minimum financial requirements for sponsoring an alien.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/23/2014
Law Offices of Linda Rose Fessler | Linda Fessler
Until he gets a job, he will not be able to get you the fiance visa.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/22/2014
    Morales & O'Connor, PLLC
    Morales & O'Connor, PLLC | Myron Morales
    He can use a co-sponsor since he does not have a tax return yet. If his job is stable and he plans to be there for awhile, we can sometimes use paychecks stubs and a letter from the employer to qualify him.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 9/22/2014
Click to View More Answers: