How long will it take for me to get Green Card after marriage? 10 Answers as of May 30, 2013

I am on H1B. My girlfriend is a USA Citizen. How long will it take for me to get Green Card after marriage? I am from India and working and living in CA. Although my GC is already in processing, but its filed in EB3 category.

If you are able to marry, then you are an immediate relative, and your by-then wife can petition for you immediately, and you are eligible to apply for adjustment of status. The temporary H-1B status will not be held against you.
If you get married to a US citizen and file for adjustment of status on the basis of marriage, assuming it is a bona fide marriage and you can prove that, it usually takes about 4-6 months from filing to get the green card.
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC
Law Offices of Brian D. Lerner, A PC | Brian David Lerner
*Request for Marriage and Adjustment of Status Application* A marriage proposal and application for adjustment of status must be prepared and presented. Our firm can prepare and send this petition to the USCIS office that initially resolved such requests .. The work permit application is also presented and it usually takes several months to get cast. The last interview for the Green Card will be around one year after the filing of the petition. There are a myriad of different ways, exhibitions and information that needs to be completed. Any of these items, if done poorly, it could request denied or delayed indefinitely.
If you marry a USC, then I think you should just process as the spouse of a USC, an immediate relative. As such your well prepared application should take no more than 6 months from submission to Green Card and these days it is even less than that. You can substitute your wife as the new petitioner so you don't pay the application fees again. You cannot have 2 applications for the same benefit at the same time. If you do, you will just complicate your own case. I
LAW OFFICES OF ALAN R. DIAMATNE APLC
LAW OFFICES OF ALAN R. DIAMATNE APLC | Alan R. Diamante
It takes about 6 months.