How can I adopt my grandkids or get them custody? 3 Answers as of September 19, 2011

How can I try to adopt my grandkids or get them custody? My son is no longer tied to them since he is locked up and lost his rights, and the mother gave up her rights as well. What can I do to get them now?

Meriwether & Tharp LLC
Meriwether & Tharp LLC | Patrick Meriwether
I would recommend consulting with a local adoption attorney. If you get both parents to sign a waiver of their parental rights, you should be able to adopt your grand children. The alternative is to file for permanent guardianship of them. Permanent guardianship will give you custody without permanently terminating the parent's parental rights.
You need to see an attorney. You may be too late. If a court actually terminated the parent's rights, they likely gave the children to someone else. You should have had an attorney a long time ago.