What do I do to get my felony expunged and how much will it cost? 3 Answers as of February 20, 2012

I have a class c felony and want to get it expunged . It's been 7 years .

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of James A Schoenberger
Law Office of James A Schoenberger | James A Schoenberger
A class C felony may be expunged five years after all the conditions of the sentence, including community custody, are fulfilled. Each attorney will have their own fee schedule for doing this and you may be able to do it on your own. See: http://www.courts.wa.gov/newsinfo/index.cfm?fa=newsinfo.displayContent&theFile=content/guideToCrimHistoryRecords
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 2/20/2012
Andersen Law PLLC
Andersen Law PLLC | Craig Andersen
As long as your fines and fees are paid, you haven't had any new violations and it wasn't a sex crime or a DUI-related crime, you can get your conviction vacated and dismissed. That restores all of your civil rights except for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. You must file a separate petition for that. You can do both at the same time. The filing fee per petition is $300 plus you would have attorneys fees if you hire a lawyer. It is possible to represent one's self. One can download the forms from the Washington State Court's web site along with instructions. I can't speak to what others charge.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 2/17/2012
Rogoway Green, LLP
Rogoway Green, LLP | Douglas Green
It is a relatively simple process depending on your particular circumstances. You can either hire an attorney to help you through the process for a relatively small amount or do the research yourself to determine your eligibility for expungement and then fill out and file the proper paperwork in the appropriate county. I believe the Multnomah County Court or District Attorney's website has detailed information on how to go about this. The filing is free or relatively cheap but there are some administrative costs that you must pay and, sometimes, you need to pay for fingerprinting so that a full criminal background check can be run on you before a decision is made.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 2/17/2012
Click to View More Answers: