f2A is becoming current this August, what should I do to avail it? 7 Answers as of July 29, 2013

I just filed I-130 for my wife last June. My wife is in the Philippines right now and we are still waiting for the approval of the I-130. I have heard that category f2A will become current this August and I don't want to miss this opportunity. Is there something I need to do? Or should we wait for the approval of our I-130 before we can do anything? Thank you so much. Your response is highly appreciated.

You have to wait for the I-130 approval.
Law Office of Sylvia Ontaneda-Bernales | Sylvia Ontaneda-Bernales
If you are a US citizen, there will be a visa number immediately available for your wife. Simply wait for the I-130 approval. It will be sent to consulate in the Philippines and she will be notified to start consular processing. Consular processing can be tedious, complicated and lengthy (it can take 8-15 months to get Green Card), depending on the specific case and the country; so, if you haven't done so yet, it is advisable to obtain the services of an attorney who has experience with this process.
Herrera & Juelle LLP | Carlos Juelle
Because she is overseas, you have to wait for approval of the I-130. That is the first step.
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC
Havens & Lichtenberg PLLC | Michael Lichtenberg
Unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do until USCIS approves your I-130 petition.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do if your wife is not in the U.S. You must wait for I-130 approval and see whether the priority date will still be current at time of approval for her to apply for an immigrant visa.
    Kapoor Law Firm, PLLC
    Kapoor Law Firm, PLLC | Shiv K. Kapoor
    As you know, the F2A immigrant visa category is for lawful permanent residents petitioning for their spouse or child. That category will become current in August as you noted. What that means is that anyone in that category who is the beneficiary of an approved I-130 petition can in August apply for adjustment of status (if in the U.S.) or process through the National Visa Center and the U.S. consulate in their country (if overseas). In your case, since the I-130 for your wife has not yet been approved, you can't do anything yet. I-130's are currently taking over a year to process. There's no guarantee the F2A category will be current when your wife's I-130 is approved. If the visa category is current when you wife's I-130 is approved, proactively contact USCIS to send the information to the National Visa Center.
    There is nothing you can do. Immigrant visas will be issued on a first come, first serve basis. Those individuals who have been waiting will receive visas first. If visas are still available at the time your petition is approved, your wife will not have to wait for an immigrant visa.