Can I get old misdemeanors off my record in Alabama? 2 Answers as of January 16, 2012

Is there any way I can get two 14 year-old misdemeanors off my record in Alabama (8/30/1997)? One was possession of marijuana 2nd degree. The other was use/possession of drug paraphernalia. I pleased guilty and paid 100 dollars fine. I also lost my license for 6 months.

There is no expungement law in the State of Alabama. There has been an expungement bill pending in the Alabama legislature but it is yet to pass.
Swann-Zwiebel Law Firm, LLC
Swann-Zwiebel Law Firm, LLC | Elizabeth Swann
Yes, the process is through a pardon. An attorney can guide you through the process of obtaining a pardon which will clear your record while at the same time restoring your gun rights & voting rights. It is highly recommended to hire an attorney with experience in that area or experience dealing with the Board themselves. If you have not had any other convictions in the previous three years, you would qualify to apply for a pardon in the state of Alabama.