What are my rights regarding seeing my mother? 1 Answers as of April 02, 2012

My sister has power of attorney, she denied me access to see my mother today & she changed all the locks on the house. I live in NYS. What are my rights? I called the police and a report was taken.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C.
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C. | Theodore W. Robinson
You should see an attorney who can seek to have a Guardian appointed for your mother. At least that will bring her before the Court who then has the power to direct your sister to allow you to see your mother. But there must be some sort of a law suit in order to give the Court jurisdiction over your mother and your sister. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/2/2012
Click to View More Answers: