Earlier today I was in a car accident and sprained my wrist can I sue the other driver and is it worth it? 22 Answers as of February 14, 2013

I was driving through an intersection I had a steady green light, the other car ran the light coming across the roadway and I hit that car in the driver door. I have a sprained wrist and my car 2012 kai soul is total loss.

Lapin Law Offices
Lapin Law Offices | Jeffrey Lapin
Yes you can sue the other driver for your injuries and damage to you vehicle. As to your other question, "is it worth it?" I cannot answer that question without more information. Before you sue, if the other driver was insured you can try settling with the insurance company for the total loss of your vehicle. In addition, you would be entitled to money for your sprained wrist, which again you can try to settle with the insurance company before you file a lawsuit. How much money you would get for your sprained wrist depends on a number of factors, including, but not limited to, whether you seek medical attention for your wrist, how badly your wrist hurts and how long it takes for you to recover. If you have additional questions you might want to consult with automobile accident attorney.
Yes you can. It may be worth a few bucks.
Law Offices of Stanley S. Lopata
Law Offices of Stanley S. Lopata | Stan Lopata
Whether a claim against the driver responsible for your injury is "worth it" is up to you. The law requires that a driver causing injury to another person is responsible for paying or reimbursing all medical expenses, any loss of income and for pain and suffering. If your sprained wrist prevents you for working, if you make no claim, you will have to bear the loss of that income by yourself. If, after a period of time you find that you suffered more injuries than just a sprained wrist and you make no claim, you will have to bear that loss on your own. We would be happy to discuss your options with you (no cost to you until a recovery is actually made).
Law Offices of Sandeep G. Agarwal
Law Offices of Sandeep G. Agarwal | Sandeep G. Agarwal
You can sue the other driver. A sprained wrist, if that is the only injury you suffered, is probably worth less than $5,000.
You can sue but you are correct in your thinking. A sprained wrist wont net much settlement. Wait til you are well ands all bills incurred and then negotiate with the adjuster. Ask for 4 or 5 times your bills and settle for what you can get .
    A. Dawn Hayes & Assoc. P.A.
    A. Dawn Hayes & Assoc. P.A. | A. Dawn Hayes
    Yes, it is worth it, if the other driver has insurance coverage. Contact your insurance company immediately.
    Graves Law Firm
    Graves Law Firm | Steve Graves
    It's certainly worth making a claim. Whether it's worth it to sue will be a decision for you and your lawyer based on whether the other side makes you an acceptable settlement offer and whether your damages are sufficiently high to warrant a lawsuit. Good luck.
    Brian H. Adler, PA
    Brian H. Adler, PA | Brian H. Adler
    The following is not intended as legal advice, and shall not be construed as a formal legal opinion. You should consult a lawyer to review all pertinent facts and options without delay:

ANSWER: If you have suffered pain, suffering, inconvenience and/or economic damages due to the actions of another driver, you are entitled to bring a claim against the driver, vehicle owner and insurers.

Because injuries from a car accident can become worse over time, you should receive proper medical treatment and therapy.

Proof of your injuries and treatment are usually required to receive compensation.

Damages to your car should also be paid by the at-fault parties.
    LAW OFFICE OF ROBERT T. DURBROW, JR. | Robert T. Durbrow, Jr.
    Your question requires the answer to many details before one can give you a reasonable answer.

How long ago was the accident?

Is there a police report confirming the responsibility of the other driver?

Have you incurred medical expenses?

Have you lost income because you are unable to work?

Too many questions. Find an experienced personal injury lawyer to assist you in answering these and other questions.
    The Law Firm of Stephen M. Reck, LLC
    The Law Firm of Stephen M. Reck, LLC | Scott D. Camassar
    You may not have to sue but you should retain a good personal injury lawyer to help you.
    Johnson & Johnson Law Firm, PLLC | Richard Johnson
    You should be patient and see how the injury plays out. Hopefully, it is just a strain. If you have PIP coverage on your car policy and / or health insurance, then you won't have any problems getting medical attention. You should have the wrist looked at pretty promptly. Don't let there be a gap between the accident date and when you first seek our a medical exam. You have plenty of time since there is a three year limitation of action statute in WA.
    Frank Law Group, P.C.
    Frank Law Group, P.C. | Brett E. Rosenthal
    You are not in position yet to determine what injuries you have yet because it is typical that you feel worse 48-72 hours post accident. In addition, you need to treat for your injuries and get to a point where you get back to pre-accident status. It is not uncommon that treatment initially makes your symptoms worse before they get better. Therefore, you are not really in any position to evaluate the value of your potential claim until you have some treatment and see how that goes.
    Law Offices of Linh T. Nguyen
    Law Offices of Linh T. Nguyen | Linh T. Nguyen
    You should consult with a personal injury attorney immediately. Insurance companies will try to pay you as little as possible. The first priority is to make sure your injuries are properly cared for. A personal injury attorney can help ensure that you are adequately compensated for the loss of your vehicle as well as your injuries. While it may seem like just a sprained wrist now it is common and medically recognized that other injuries may not become apparent until days after the accident. You must also ensure that your sprained wrist does not have result in any longer term damage that you can't ascertain until it is fully healed. Take advantage of a free consultation from a personal injury attorney.
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    Yes you have a claim. You should pursue it only if you need medical treatment. You may find day two you are sore in other parts of your body as well.
    Yes. No. It may not be worth it. But at this time you cannot know the full extent or permanence of your injury. Consult a good personal injury lawyer.
    Koning & Jilek, P.C.
    Koning & Jilek, P.C. | Jonathan Neal Jilek
    You may have a claim.
    Law Office of Malosack Berjis
    Law Office of Malosack Berjis | Malosack Berjis
    From the facts that you have provided, it sounds like you would absolutely have grounds to file a claim against the other driver. I would highly recommend that you consult with a local attorney, especially since, there are some, like myself, who offer free consultations.
    Kram & Wooster, P.S. | Richard H. Wooster
    Seek the medical attention you need. If you have not already done so, have someone take pictures of your vehicle and the other vehicle, if you can find it. Depending on your injuries and how it affects you, you are entitled to compensation. You should consult an attorney to gather information and lay the ground work for a settlement.
    Greer Jackson Tisinger, LLC | John Jackson
    Yes. It is very important that you speak to an Attorney so you can start your claim for Personal Injury and Property Damage.
    Meyer & Kiss, LLC
    Meyer & Kiss, LLC | Louis J. Meyer
    You want to make a claim with the other driver's policy. It is worth it.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    Hire an attorney.