Will my domestic violence charge be dismissed? 2 Answers as of February 22, 2012

I got placed on probation for domestic and apealed it to circuit. If the victim doesn't show up to Baltimore City Circuit will my case get thrown out and her not get in trouble for not being there?

Law office of Robert D. Scott | Robert Scott
If the complaining witness does not appear at the Circuit Court, the case might be dismissed assuming that the government does not have other witnesses who can make their case against you. If the complaining witness is served with a subpoena and she does not appear in court, she could be arresteed and charged with a separate crime.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
Whether the case is dismissed, if the witness fails to appear depends on whether the state seeks and the court grants a postponement. Unlike a drug case, which would have no victims, the state might take the victim's failure to appear as evidence of foul play. Whether the state and court pursue contemp for failing to appear is up to them. However, fear would be good mitigation.