Doesn't the officer need a reason to pull me over, and doesn't he need to make that reason clear to me? 1 Answers as of July 21, 2014

I was pulled over a couple days ago, and when the officer came up to my vehicle window, he promptly asked me if I know that my license is suspended.

You are correct he needs a reason to pull you over and a lot of time the first question is do you know why I pulled you over. The reason for the question is that if you tell him why you think he pulled you over it will be used as an admission. He likely ran the plate and it came back that the owner was under suspension. Lots of law enforcement these days have automatic plate readers that reads 100's of plates in a very short amount of time. He can pull you over just because the dispatch tells him the vehicle owner is under suspension. Best to get a good lawyer to help with your case, since they can tell you what the reports say.