Does the US government know my marriage status, if I was married outside of the USA? 5 Answers as of December 28, 2010

I am a USA resident. One year ago, I married my boyfriend in Costa Rica. He is a resident of Costa Rica. I am wondering, does the USA know my married status?

I believe that by "the USA" you mean the federal government, particularly the immigration authorities. The answer to that question is no, although if there was a search of public records done by someone your new marital status could turn up. If you are wondering if you can obtain a permanent legal residency visa for him, through your marital status, the answer is certainly. The process of obtaining a K-3 and permanent visa is something in which I can be of help. If you would like to discuss how that can be done, feel free to call or e-mail me to set up an in-person or phone consultation. Best to you.
They do not know your marital status.

If you and he want to live in the USA apply for a visa for him to lawfully enter the US.

After 2 years of Marriage he can go to the next step to become a citizen.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Only if you informed them.
Naziri Hanassab LLP
Naziri Hanassab LLP | Vahid Naziri
No, unless you tell them or request it from your county recorder's of your country.
No, if you do not tell them.