Does the store that I shoplifted at have the right to contact my employer? 3 Answers as of June 30, 2015

I got asked by loss prevention about my work after getting caught by them for shoplifting. I figured it was so that that they could make sure I could pay the fine that shoplifting gets you. I have not gone to court for it yet. Will they have the right to contact my boss?

There is nothing stopping them from making a phone call. So, I don't know you mean by do they have the right. Your arrest is not a secret, like your medical records. There is no HIPPA that you have to sign to allow loss prevention from revealing to your employer that you are a thief. Sorry about that.
Instead of worrying about that, you need to focus your attention on how you can avoid being convicted. Petty theft is a crime of moral turpitude, and if convicted you can kiss your career aspirations goodbye. Hire a lawyer before you get duped into a plea you will regret for life.
Generally they don't, however, there is nothing that says your employer can't