Does the state owe my husband money for his employment? 3 Answers as of June 16, 2015

My husband has 357 hours of holiday time accumulated (80 hours per year) from the last 4+ years, he works. Don't they have to pay him this eventually or can they keep accumulating it until he retires?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
Your Husband should check the policy(ies) related to this matter.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/16/2015
KEYL ADR Services, LLC | Mark D. Keyl
You need to look at his Employee handbook. Governmental entities can give accrued in time off and don't necessarily have to pay money.
Answer Applies to: Mississippi
Replied: 6/16/2015
I can not answer your question, because it is not a question about the law. Such matters are governed by the rules of the agency. I suggest your husband go and ask them. Some employers, including states, pay un-used vacation, some do not. Some only pay when the employee is separated. Some forfeit if not taken, some forfeit every year, some forfeit if discharged. Some pay upon request. There is no one law that governs. Therefore, no one answer. Human Resources will know the answer.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/16/2015
Click to View More Answers: