Does State Farm pay the claimant policy limit per accident to them after medical and wages are taken in as factors? 10 Answers as of March 25, 2016

S. Joseph Schramm | Joseph Schramm
Whether an insurance company pays the limits of the policy depends on the facts of the case. For example, if the facts indicate that the liability of the insured is likely to be established and that the injuries suffered by the claimant are extensive or severe the insurer often pays the limits.
If the value of the claim is over the limit, yes, they should pay.
You should talk to an attorney about case before settling. There could be more money available. It is free to talk with an attorney.
Your best bet is to ask a claims examiner at State Farm. A lawyer who does not represent State Farm is not authorised to answer questions on behalf of the company. Please keep in mind that the facts underlying every claim are different.
Your question is confusing. All insurance carriers evaluate what they think a jury might award an injured plaintiff and then offer a sum lower than that but definitely no greater than the policy limits. The amount of medical bills and wage loss are taken into account to determine what a jury might award, but they will look at the nature of those bills [chiropractic charges will be discounted]. Unless the damages clearly are going to be greater than the policy limits, they will not pay that amount. The vast majority of cases are worth less than the limits, even though that is only $15,000 in California [most accidents are just damage to the car].
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    It is difficult to answer your question without first knowing all of the facts concerning the accident. If you could provide more details, I will attempt to answer your question.
    I'm not sure that I understand the question as worded. typically, insurance policies have different benefits provided. Each benefit is billed separately within the total premium, and each benefit is handled separately (although the company may want to wrap up the whole case at one time). So, if State Farm is obligated to pay you for No Fault Benefits AND liability benefits, they may pay it at one time, at the end, but usually in 2 separate checks. If you settle (or get a jury verdict) for the policy limit or beyond, that check will be for the policy limit. The medical payments or other No Fault Benefits will be in a separate check. They probably would not be mailed in the same envelope, because they would come from 2 separate departments. I hope that I answered your question.
    Candiano Law Office
    Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
    You have not asked a question that can be answered unless your question was rhetorical. State Farm and all insurance companies consider such things as legitimate medical care and wage loss when calculating the value of the claim. Legitimate medical care does not include chiropractic treatment without very heavily discounting it. Any wage loss that you wish to have considered must be supported by a physician's order. If your doctor did not say that you could not work for a specific length of time, your wage loss will not be considered. I fully appreciate that the adjustment of the claim seems a very simple process. Believe me, it is only simple, in theory. In the real world, there are literally hundreds of potential complications to each and every facet of your claim. No matter how big or how small, you will always do yourself a disservice if you try to settle a claim without an experienced personal injury attorney to assist you.
    Ty Wilson Law | Ty Wilson
    We need more details to your question. State Farm does not just pay policy limits. You must have, proven negligence, which includes duty, breach, causation and damages to substantiate a policy limits case. Also, you need to know the policy limits in order to determine if it is a policy limits case. Just being injured is not enough. Please add detail to your questions and resend. Thank you.
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm
    Bulman Law Associates PLLC Injury Law Firm | Thomas Bulman
    Probably not. It depends on the amount of permanent damage that can be proven.
    Answer Applies to: Montana