Does the police have to see you in the vehicle and do I have to have key on me for them to be able to charge and convict me? 1 Answers as of September 28, 2016

I hit two parked cars on private property. They called the cops. State patrol showed up about 20 to 30 minutes later. I was in my house in my boxers eating dinner. I didn’t have the keys on me. They knocked on my door and had me go outside. They didn’t do a field sobriety test. They arrested me, took me to detox and I refused a breath and blood test.

Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
The prosecution must prove the case against you ? you do not have to disprove it. It sounds from your description like the prosecutors will not have much evidence, so it may be a good case to take to trial or try to get some of the evidence suppressed by claiming that the police acted illegally. But, I wonder if there is a witness that saw you hit the cars, saw you driving, etc. That would not necessarily prove a DUI but it might prove the other charges. You really need to get a lawyer involved in your case to defend you.