Does a PDC conviction in South Carolina affect a DWI suspended jail term sentence in VA? 1 Answers as of March 18, 2011

Here is the situation I got myself into. I was charged with Public Disorderly Conduct in Oct 2010 in South Carolina while on vacation. I currently have an attorney and am fighting the conviction. In the meantime I was charged with a DWI 1st Offense, BAC >.20% in Virginia where I live in mid-February. I have yet to hear anything from my attorney in SC about the PDC charge. My court date for the DWI in Virginia is in mid-April and my attorney said that I will probably be facing a 1-yr suspended or restricted license along with 180 days in jail with 175 suspended, amounting to 5 days in jail. Since I will be charged for my DWI in VA prior to being charged for Public Disorderly Conduct in SC, can a PDC conviction in SC affect anything with my DWI case in VA? The last thing I want is to be convicted of a DWI in VA that happened a month ago and then later be convicted for PDC in SC (because my case was continued) and end up having to serve out a 175 day jail sentence for my DWI because of the later PDC conviction in SC. Please help me! Thanks.

No, anything that might happen with the pending charge in South Carolina could have no effect on what the judge might impose as a sentence in your DWI case pending in Virginia.