Does one state allow another state's Franchise Tax Board to garnish wages? 5 Answers as of September 30, 2014

I recently moved to WA State (as a Federal employee) and just received a Balance Due Notice from the CA FTB for more than $100K for Estimated Taxes/penalties/Interest/Fees 1993-1996. I remember discussing with them then to prove their accusations. I was a one man self-employed remodeling contractor (and a Home Schooling Advocate). They seized my bank account at the time with less than $4 as I recall. I moved. Idaho, MT, SD and now WA. Should I pursue Chapter 7/13? I have no assets to speak of and gross less than $48k/year.

Yes, all states are required to accept tax judgments from other states. Either a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13 will discharge this old debt.
Yes, they can garnish wages.
D.J. Rausa, Attorney at Law | D.J. Rausa
Consult with a local attorney in your area. The short answer is yes. The FTB can seek wage garnishment.
Yes they can do it cross borders. Check with local counsel re filing. The rules here are tricky and I don't know enough about your facts to answer this fully.
One creditor can collect on a judgment if the debtor moves to another state. This is called "Comity". Certain things have to be done in advance, but it is permissible if you follow the procedures. I would strongly recommend that you go in for a face to face meeting with a lawyer to discuss your situation. This forum lends it self to short questions which can be answered quickly. As an attorney, I would need answers to a lot of questions before I could tell you how to proceed. Be ready to pay a reasonable amount for the consultation. When you do the Free Consultation, you get what you pay for (that's my biased opinion, but I have successfully filed THOUSANDS of bankruptcies!!). Good luck!