Does one have to pay for the I-485 form? 3 Answers as of April 14, 2015

My mom is an American citizen and I’m not. She applied for my citizenship and already filed the I-130 form. I’m going into my senior year and I need to be able to get a job. Money is tight and I want to know if there is any way we don’t have to pay the fee or if we can do something else? I just want to do the right thing.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC
Law Office of Pho Ethan Tran PLLC | Pho Ethan Tran
You may qualify for a fee waiver from USCIS if your household income is less than 150% of the poverty level.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/14/2015
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC
Morales & O'Connor, PLLC | Myron Morales
You can apply for a fee waiver. Look at the forms section of
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 4/13/2015
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
The right thing would be to come up with the $1070 in order to get a benefit of a lifetime. Work will get you the money; free doesn't work well. That is my 2 cents. Having said that, you should try to see if there is a waiver available for the I-485.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/13/2015
Click to View More Answers: