Does one arrest for Domestic Violence/Abuse stop my wife from getting a US Immigrant Visa? 4 Answers as of December 20, 2013

We have been married since Jan 2007. My wife was arrested on a US Air Force Base by Military Police. She was never convicted or served any time or paid any fines. The arrest is on the Military records but the case was not substantiated. The violence was against me. Will this affect her Visa? She will have her interview sometime in the next 2 months. The incident happened in Apr 2011.

I do not think it will effect her.
Mulder Law office, PA
Mulder Law office, PA | Kyndra L Mulder, Esquire
She will need to provide the government with a certified copy of the entire incident from the arrest report to the final disposition. It does not sound like it will hurt her. I do however suggest the two of you consult with an experienced immigration attorney BEFORE the interview. An attorney can review what you have filed with the government and assist you in preparing for the interview. This can be done by phone or Skype.
Arrest by itself does not affect immigration matters, it needs a conviction. Even convicted of DV before becoming a permanent resident, will not prevent her from approval. Most DV convictions AFTER adjustment, will render one deportable.
The arrest can impact her ability to obtain a visa.