Does a non custodial parent have to give a custodial parent their address? 7 Answers as of March 06, 2013

My wife has two children with another man. She has had to put an order of protection on him in the past. He also has a past with trespassing and other things. He is also the custodial parent of the two children. Now, I, the non custodial parent’s husband has purchased a new home and I do not prefer to give him the address because of his past. She, the non custodial parent and he the custodial parent has agreed to allow her to have the two children from Friday until Sunday every other weekend. Do I have to give him the new address and if so, can I tell him if he enters the property he will be arrested for trespassing?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Peters Law, PLLC
Peters Law, PLLC | Mark T. Peters, Sr.
Yes, he has to know where his children are.
Answer Applies to: Idaho
Replied: 3/6/2013
Woods, May & Matlock, PC
Woods, May & Matlock, PC | Robert J. Matlock
Generally, the orders require the parents to notify each other of current addresses. You should abide by the terms of the order. I suggest you hire a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 3/6/2013
If there is a current protective order it could specify her address is confidential. If not the father has the right to know where the kids live. However there is no right to go into the home. She could go to court for an order for curbside exchange of the children if he causes problems.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/6/2013
Carey and Leisure | John Smitten
Unless there is some type of over-riding order then yes each parent is supposed to let the other parent know their address and contact information
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 3/6/2013
John Russo | John Russo
He is the parent with placement of the children for what ever reason so therefor he is entitled to know where the children are going to be or he does not have to allow them to stay overnight, if you have an order the enjoins and restrains him from coming onto the property there should be a clause in it that makes exception for the children, also I would assume that your wife must pickup and drop off, but if he needs to come for the children for any reason and you do not have an order, what are you going to do call the police stating that he is trespassing coming to pickup the children, that would nice for the kids to see, work something out.
Answer Applies to: Rhode Island
Replied: 3/6/2013
    Hilliard Law
    Hilliard Law | Attorney Martin G. Hilliard
    If it is a court order that she and he are to provide each other with addressess, then yes, they have to exchange that information (and there usually is in the order). Sounds to me like their needs to be some sort of modification filed with the courts if he is that much of a threat. Don't get in the way of this court order until its been modified to suit your needs or to suit the best interest of the situation.
    Answer Applies to: Georgia
    Replied: 3/6/2013
    Diefer Law Group, P.C.
    Diefer Law Group, P.C. | Abel Fernandez
    Normally you do need to provide an address but if there is a restraining order in place or if you file one, you can ask that the address remain confidential.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 3/6/2013
Click to View More Answers: