Does Nevada still have jurisdiction and do I need to ask permission again? 5 Answers as of June 26, 2013

The court granted my petition to relocate to Washington state with my child. The father finally agreed. I'm looking to a transfer for work that will take us to Florida. My ex husband NO LONGER resides in Nevada. He is, however, planning to move back there.

Webster & Associates | Anita Webster
If no one resides in Nevada then Nevada no longer has jurisdiction. This response is intended to provide general information only and is not a substitute for speaking to an attorney.
Law Offices of Jill K. Whitbeck
Law Offices of Jill K. Whitbeck | Jill K. Whitbeck
Your ex must agree to your move to another state, or you must get a court order. If your court orders are still from Nevada (the case was not moved to Washington), then you must still file your motion in Nevada (as it doesn't make sense to move the case to Washington now, when you intend to move). Keep in mind that all you need under the law is written permission, but you should also consider what visitation schedule you will use with a greater distance between you.
WARM SPRINGS LAW GROUP | Elliott D. Yug
You need to look at the last Order to see if Nevada is the home state. If the Order is silent then the state where the child has lived for the last six months should be the home state.
Glenn Milgraum PC
Glenn Milgraum PC | Glenn P. Milgraum
Once all parties broke ties with the State (unless the State has specifically retained jurisdiction and loose ties are still kept with the original home state) the " new " home state would be that of the child's current residence. A motion to the Court should be made for permission to relocate.
Kevin H Pate
Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
Unless a matter is formally transferred to the jurisdiction of another court, the matters remains in the original jurisdiction.