Does my son legally have to pay his unemployment back and re-file taxes? 1 Answers as of December 04, 2010

My sons employer in Colorado mistakenly filed his state taxes in Colorado instead of Arizona. The company is based in Col. but my son worked in Arz. for them. When laid off, he filed and got money from Ariz. Unemployment. Now they have discovered the error and Ariz. wants him to pay back $7000 they also banned him from unemployment. He knows he has to refile his taxes correctly. But they still insist he has to pay them back. He has spent over 20 hours on the phone with the state of Colorado and Arizona they all see the problem but it is not getting resolved and they still want the money back. He is now out of work again laid off with no income it is a real mess for him. Can anyone help him please/

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
David Hoines Law
David Hoines Law | David Hoines
You need an Arizona lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 12/4/2010
Click to View More Answers: