Does my smoking marijuana affect my driving record? 11 Answers as of July 04, 2013

My boyfriend and I parked in the alley next to a bike trail. He smoked a tiny bit of marijuana and I smoked a cigarette. A cop came down the alley and searched my car and found the steamroller and weed. (Less than an ounce) my boyfriend claimed it as his and got an infracture for marijuana. I didn’t receive a ticket nor did they ask me if I had smoked, which I hadn’t. I am curious if this will be on my driving record?

Law Office of Rodney Nosratabadi
Law Office of Rodney Nosratabadi | Rodney Nosratabadi
Since you were never charged with a crime, it will not affect your driving record. You boyfriend's driver's license however could be suspended.
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation
Wallin & Klarich: A Law Corporation | Paul Wallin
If you were not arrested or issued a citation nothing will be on your criminal record.
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman
The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman | Gabriel Dorman
If you did not receive a citation, then your record should be unaffected by this incident. However, you should be aware that if you are under the age of 21 and your are convicted of any alcohol and/or drug related offense, you will lose your license for 1 year. I hope this answer was helpful.
To Whom It May Concern: You did not say whether or notyou were driving, but no, it will not be on your record. Your were not charged or cited with any crime. Your boyfriend should spend the $100 to obtain his Medical Marijuan Card.
Alanna D. Coopersmith, Attorney at Law
Alanna D. Coopersmith, Attorney at Law | Alanna D. Coopersmith
If you didn't receive an infraction or other ticket it shouldn't be on your driving record.
    If you weren't cited or arrested for anything, how would it be on your record, DMV or criminal? No, it isn't on anything.
    Attorney at Law
    Attorney at Law | Michael J. Kennedy
    Not on your record. Depending on his age, it could affect your boyfriend, but that was not the question.
    Robert Mortland
    Robert Mortland | Law Office of Robert Mortland
    This will not be on your driving record. This did not happen while driving and your boyfriend admitted guilt. Thus, this will be on his criminal record but not yours. You can always expunge the infraction with a 1203.4a motion as well.
    Law Office of Joe Dane
    Law Office of Joe Dane | Joe Dane
    If you were not cited for anything and no charges are filed against you, then you won't have anything on your driving record or history.
    The Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann
    The Law Offices of Christopher J. McCann | Christopher J. McCann
    No. If you were neither cited nor charged, there will be nothing against you upon which to base any action. Without an action, there will be nothing on your driving record.
    No for you, but maybe yes for your boyfriend. Minor in possession cases can result in 1 year of license suspension, but only if you were cited.