Does my sister have any rights to my parents property? 10 Answers as of July 15, 2011

She is in and out of jail and the will is in my name only.

Apple Law Firm PLLC
Apple Law Firm PLLC | David Goldman
Depending on that the will states, she may not have any rights.
Peterson Law Group, PC
Peterson Law Group, PC | Erin Keeler
If your sister is not a beneficiary of the estate (not named in the will) she is not entitled to receive property of the probate estate. However, because she is the child of your parents she has rights and is entitled to notice of any probate proceedings of your parents that are initiated. The fact that she is in and out of jail usually is irrelevant for purposes of people receiving property through inheritance, with minimal exceptions.
The Coyle Law Office
The Coyle Law Office | T. Andrew Coyle
Assuming your parents' wills are properly done and that they only provide for you, then your sister would not have any rights to their estate after they pass away unless she is also a dependent of your parents. A dependent would be entitled to a small award from the estate.
Majors Law Firm, P.C.
Majors Law Firm, P.C. | M. Jason Majors
Your sister would likely not have any rights to your parents' property, unless your parents have named her as a beneficiary in their respective Wills, they have named her as a beneficiary on an account or asset owned by your parents, or is otherwise is entitled to property through state intestacy law - in the event that your parents did not have a Will, or their Wills are invalid.
Answer Applies to: Wyoming
No one has read the will, so there is no way to answer you. This is something where you need to carry the will to a lawyer.
    Donaldson Stewart, PC
    Donaldson Stewart, PC | Monica H. Donaldson Stewart
    If the will is valid, then it would control the distrubion of the property. If the will leaves their property to you, then the fact that she is in and out of jail may not be relevant. I recommend you speak with a probate attorney to determine your rights.
    Law Offices of Brian Chew
    Law Offices of Brian Chew | Brian Chew
    She does have rights unless she is specifically excluded in the will