Does my objection against joint custody have any weight in California? 1 Answers as of October 31, 2010

My husband and I are getting a divorce and he wants joint physical custody of our 10-year old son. Will a California court consider my objections to this (I want full custody)? I do not have anything against my husband and want to grant him visitation rights, but I think it might complicate the life of my child too much to go back and forth between parents at such a young age.

Goldberg Jones
Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
If the 2 of you do not agree to a 50/50 split of time, it is very unlikely that it would happen. It would be more common for one of you to be the primary parent with most of the time. There is no way for me to predict the outcome in your case, but it is the Judges job to determine what will b best for your 10 year old boy.