Does my name need to be on the deed and if not, can his will be contested by his family? 1 Answers as of September 09, 2016

My significant other of 15 years wants to leave me his house after he passes but my name is not on the deed. We are not married.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Gates' Law, PLLC | Thomas E. Gates
He needs to add you to the deed. Also, have him do a will and in that document state that the house goes to you.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 9/9/2016
Click to View More Answers: