Does my mom have any right to not tell me who my biological dad is? 3 Answers as of November 01, 2017

I am almost 16 now and my mom has not told me who my biological dad is. He doesn't even know I exist either. I also live with a step dad and he is very controlling and I don't think he should have any parental claim over me since he hasn't adopted me.

Kiske Law Office, LLC | Anne Kiske
Generally a DNA test would be a way to determine who a biological parent is. It may be difficult for one to use the law in order to find out this information. In regard to parental claim, In Missouri a minor can become emancipated from a parent or legal guardian in one of three ways: 1. Your parents give their express consent to the court to terminate their parental rights; 2. Your parents give their implied consent by permitting you to live on your own, support yourself, and have already effectively given up their parental rights; or 3. You have married or enlisted in the military. Emancipation is typically not available to minors under the age of sixteen. As a practical matter. Communication of information by, in, to or through this Web site and your receipt or use of it (1) is not provided in the course of and does not create or constitute an attorney-client relationship, (2) is not intended as a solicitation, (3) is not intended to convey or constitute legal advice, and (4) is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney. You should not act upon any such information without first seeking qualified professional counsel on your specific matter. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon Web site communications or advertisements.
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
Your step father has no parental rights. Your mother is free to tell or not tell you who your father is. Since presumably he is not on your birth certificate and therefore not legally your father, she had no obligation to inform him of your birth. She may be ready to tell you when you are an adult. It has nothing to do with your step father.
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A.
The Gufford Law Firm, P.A. | Joseph Gufford
No, your Mother does not have to tell you whom your biological father is. However, once you have reached the age of 18, you can file a Petition to Establish Paternity against her and the "unknown John Doe"